CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 22, 2011

Alsobrook Party of 5?!?!?!?!

Yes, that is right!  We are having a 3rd! 

Surprised? Yes......
Panicked?  Yes......
Excited?  about another baby actually arriving?  YES!.........

A moment of honesty here......  I think I have been pregnant enough!  If you go through this twice you should just get a freebie for the third and the baby just appear!  It is true that we wanted a 3rd!  We were not quite ready as of yet, but I know that God's plan is not always the same as mine and I am learning to adjust.  We had a plan!  We were going to go on all these special diets and do all these special things so that God would bless us with a boy!  That's how you convince him right, go on diets and do special things?! :)  Guess he thought better of that, so here we are!  Blessed no doubt, we are super excited about the pending arrival of baby Alsobrook #3!  I am a week and a half away from entering my second trimester, so here is what Baby Center says about our little one today.....

Baby is the size of a kumquat! 
Your baby, now barely the size of a kumquat, weighs less than a quarter of an ounce.
(Length: a little over 1 inch, head to bottom.)

1 inch, huh?  I know all of this glorious "getting bigger"  stuff happens faster in subsequent pregnancies, but the getting bigger part is my least favorite!  Not good news that my pants are already uncomfortable!  I went to the doctor again last week and although I haven't actually gained any weight yet, I feel like my clothes already don't fit so great.  ;(  It was really fun seeing my little man (or lady) wiggle around in there though!  In the ultrasound he/she looks like a baby already!  And, much bigger than 1 inch I might add!  It was very exciting and I found myself  already wishing he/she was here.  I do realize though that baby would not be so cute outside the womb at this point.  That is why the pictures are in black and white, I think! ;) But, the heartbeat was excellent and everything looks great, so we couldn't be happier!

More changing for us!  Now for the past several weeks we have been in a whirl wind trying to get our house in order so that we can put it on the market and sell it and get a bigger house, more suited for ALL of us!  It has been on the market for one week as of today and we have had one call.  My prayer request for all of this is that I can see clearly God's plan!  I do not know what will come of all this, but I am trying to be at peace with it while waiting.  If we are meant to be cramped in our little house so our family will have a strong bond then I am trying to be okay with that, but I am also ready for my house to sell because I feel like if we have the means to purchase a larger home, then that is what we should do.  Houses are being sold at excellent prices right now, but that also means that our house we are selling is offered at an excellent price, which doesn't feel so excellent!

So, that is all the news I have for now!  We sure are busier, and just when we think we can't get busier we get busier!  Apparently we can handle this or it wouldn't be tossed our way!  That is what I keep telling myself ;)

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Woo hoo!!!!!! Love love love it!!!! So excited

Niki said...

That's SOOOOO exciting!!!! Congratulations :) Can't wait to find out what you are having!! And by the way, we tried the diets, etc and STILL having a girl... either way, you end up with what God wants you to have, so I've learned ;)