CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Recital!!!!

I am going to try to type this without going over board, but it is almost impossible because we (Daley and myself) had the BEST TIME EVER! I was a little worried in the beginning that we were paying all this money for recital and she may not even dance, so I wasn't expecting much, but was very hopeful. But she did dance!
At rehearsal she did not dance her first song (ballet) but she did dance her second song (tap) and she fell in love with the stage. I feel like her first song she was a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect, but when she got back stage I just told her to watch the little TV that showed them the dance steps or to watch the girls around her and she did just that. The next day when we got to the recital as soon as we put her costume on she was all smiles. She was dancing all over the place and running and laughing. I was just so overjoyed to see her have such a great time. I really don't think I have ever seen her have that much fun before! Now I am super pumped because this is what I did for 16 years of my life on the exact same stage at the exact same dance studio. I wasn't going to be disappointed if she didn't like it as much as I did mostly because I didn't think she acted like she was going to, but now that she loves it, I am obsessed!!! I have already been talking about getting her enrolled in gymnastics for the rest of the summer so she won't get bored while waiting on dance to start back in the fall.
I promise on this blog to whoever reads not to be one of those moms who lives vicariously through their daughters, but what is wrong with seeing someone enjoy something just like you did when you were little? Even if it doesn't turn out to be "her thing"!
Here are some pics from rehearsal. Yia Yia has the recital pics on her camera and I will put those up as soon as I get them in another post.
Practicing

Backstage Sister Demi

Me and Daley after her ballet rehearsal


Daley and Yia Yia getting ready for tap



Daley(bottom left) and her class

1 comments:

Helena and EJ Vakakes said...

I truly love it WHEN you blog. It makes me realize even more what a great person and mother you are to those sweet girls. So exciting hope my princess will love to dance one day like yours. I knwo you are so proud.